What is PyQtMobility?
PyQtMobility is a set of Python bindings for
Nokia's QtMobility libraries aimed at mobile devices. The bindings sit on top of PyQt and are implemented as a set of 13 Python modules.
Like QtMobility, PyQtMobility is available under a variety of licenses including the GNU GPL (v2 and v3) and a commercial license. Unlike QtMobility, PyQtMobility is not available under the LGPL. You can purchase the commercial version of PyQtMobility here.
PyQtMobility does not include a copy of QtMobility. You must obtain a correctly licensed copy of QtMobility yourself.
PyQtMobility contains the following Python modules.
- The QtBearer module provides control over the device's connectivity state. This includes information such as whether the device is online and how many interfaces there are. It enables an application to start and stop network interfaces.
- The QtContacts module provides applications with the ability to access contact data in a manner that is independent of the platform or datastore. This is achieved by defining generic personal information abstractions that are accessed via a QContactManager that hides the details of specific platform and datastore dependent backends.
- The QtFeedback module provides support for tactile feedback and device vibration.
- The QtGallery module provides support for accessing document galleries.
- The QtLocation module provides support for obtaining various types of location information including a device's latitude, longitude, altitude, velocity, and the date and time that the information was reported.
- The QtMessaging module provides support for creating, retrieving, querying messages, folders and accounts. Message types include SMS, MMS, MIME email and TNEF email.
- The QtMultimediaKit module provides support for audio, video and radio based applications. It is the replacement for the deprecated QtMultimedia module in PyQt.
- The QtOrganizer module provides support for managing calendar, scheduling and personal data.
- The QtPublishSubscribe module provides support for organising various sources of hierarchical data into a single consistent model. Data can be published and subscribed to receive notifications when data changes.
- The QtSensors module provides support for the different sensors that a device may contain, e.g. screen orientation, accelerometer.
- The QtServiceFramework module provides support for finding, starting and stopping services. A service is an independent component that allows an application to perform a well-defined operation.
- The QtSystemInfo module provides information about numerous aspects of a device including version information, hardware features, storage, network status and device status.
- The QtVersit module provides support for converting contact information supported by the QtContacts module and vCard files.